Lions Health Foundation is PROUD to sponsor the
Annual District 4-C1 Diabetic Camp
The Lions Health Foundation has the following goals for summer camp:
- A safe, healthy and enjoyable camp experience.
- Enable youth to meet and share their experiences with other diabetic youth.
- Empower campers to become responsible for individual control of their health program.
We offer two camper sessions:
- Diabetic Camp for diabetic youth ages 8-17
- Family Camp for diabetic youth ages 7 and younger with their families
Campers receive an assigned time to “Check-In” in the “Welcome to Camp” letter which is sent shortly before camp begins. “Check-Out” occurs on the last day after our 10:00am closing ceremony and before 12:00pm.
Camp is held at beautiful Lake McCumber, just seven miles east of Shingletown and twelve miles west of Lassen Volcanic National Park, off Hwy 44. With a beautiful wooded area, lake and recreation facility, this site offers the activities of outdoor camping while supplying the comforts of home – electricity, hot showers, cozy cabins and cafeteria style meals. The camp’s elevation is 4,200 feet.